Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Introductions

Its best I use this first post to explain what it is I'm trying to do here.

First of all, I'd like a place to indulge my worthless opinions on everything: music, books, film and the hundreds of humiliations and micro-fascisms of everyday life.

Besides venting my spleen in this minor way, I want to use this little blog to chart the progress of a pet project of mine. I am researching the history of the various protest/resistance movements of late 1970's Italy collectively known as Autonomia and especially a section within the movement known as the Metropolitan Indians.

The Metropolitan Indians (MI) were essentially a loose/informal grouping of young proletarians, students, drop outs, workers in the informal economy etc who became infamous for their actions/stunts mocking enemies and movement leaders as well as their acts of resistance against the politics of austerity and repression practiced by the Christian Democrat/Communist Party government (known as the "Historic Compromise".)

Essentially, I am starting from zero: I know the history of the period but have yet to do much writing yet, I havent learnt Italian yet (!) nor have I been to any of the cities they were active in.

So this should be fun! Join Me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would you like for me to define what a politician is? A politician is nothing but a debater. All that you do is debate issues, you fat pig, you meathead. That's all that you are, because you are lying, sucker, you're lying to the camera, you're lying to your mama, you're lying to everybody, but every time I hear you open up your mouth, all I hear is oink, you pig. That's all I hear, oink. 'Cause you ain't got no humanity in you, 'cause you're a pig, you lying punk

May 18, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home